The XC9268 DC-DC converter series has a maximum input voltage of 36V, making it suitable for use as a power supply for step-down from a 12V or 24V input line.
The low minimum input voltage of 3.0V makes a maximum duty of 100% possible, so it can also be applied as a component in an input OR circuit used with a backup line. The operation mode is PWM / PFM automatic switching control. 83% (VIN = 12V, VOUT = 5.0V, IOUT = 1mA) efficiency is realized in the standby load state such as microcontroller.
Even with heavy load in the active state, the DC-DC converter series achieves 85% or more efficiency and high efficiency is realized in the entire load area. Switching frequency can be selected from either 1.2MHz or 2.2MHz and since it operates by PWM control.
The soft-start time has been set internally to be 2.0ms (Typ.), but a time longer than the internal soft-start can be set optionally depending on the resistance and capacity connected to the EN/SS terminal.
Torex Semiconductor – www.torexsemi.com
Related DC-DC converter stories:
- MICRO CONVERTER INTEGRATES COIL FOR EMI-SENSITIVE WEARABLES
- 18V STEP-DOWN “MICRO DC/DC CONVERTERS” INTEGRATE A COIL
- 5.5V SYNCHRONOUS STEP‐DOWN CONVERTER DELIVERS UP TO 3A
- POWER MANAGEMENT ICS IN MOLDED-TYPE ULTRA-LOW PROFILE PACKAGES
- 0.8A STEP-UP CONVERTER IN A 1.28X1.08X0.4MM WLP