With another 41 days to go on Kickstarter, the Elk has already reached its goals. Elk is a development board for the blockchain and the decentralized web. It combines the simplicity of Arduino along with native support for decentralized networks. With only a few lines of code you can build IoT that interfaces with Ethereum, IPFS, Whisper, and much more.
The Elk development board includes a powerful processor (Allwinner H3) to connect directly to decentralized networks with no intermediaries. It is plug-and-play just like an Arduino, includes an Arduino compatible SDK, and a mobile app that allows you to communicate with your hardware privately through decentralized technologies.
- Easy to use and extensible SDK for Ethereum, Whisper, IPFS, Status, and more on the way.
- A mobile app to easily control your hardware via Whisper
- Arduino Compatible
- Breadboard Compatible
- 100% open-source (hardware and software)
- Dual inline breadboard compatible hardware board (55mm x 25.5mm)
- Quad Core 1Ghz Linux SoC (H3 from Allwinner) with 512MB of DDR3 RAM
- 8GB mass storage eMMC persistant storage
- 100Mhz 32-bit microcontroller (STM32f411 from STM)
- 2.4Ghz WiFi module with an integrated antenna
- RGB LED
- 2 push-buttons
Exposed IOs (all are 3.3V but 5V tolerant):
- 28 Digital
- 10 Analog
- 2 UART
- 3 I2C
- 3 SPI
- 21 PWM