Trusteer and WorkLight partner on integrated security for mobile applications
The companies see that the proliferation of personal smartphones and tablets creates a dangerous gap in enterprise security, and the problem is expected to grow significantly in 2011 and beyond. The WorkLight Mobile Platform enables organizations to create and manage rich applications for these popular devices, while ensuring optimal user experiences per environment with reduced time to market, development cost and ongoing maintenance.
Trusteer Secure Web Access detects smartphones and tablets infected with, or at risk of infection from malware and prevents them from connecting to protected enterprise web resources. In addition, it provides real-time alerts to enterprises on infected or vulnerable devices that attempt to connect to resources and applications. Trusteer’s service allows enterprises to benefit from the productivity and flexibility provided by mobile applications without the security risk.
Trusteer Secure Web Access is integrated with the WorkLight Mobile Platform to enhance existing security mechanisms currently offered by the platform. Both Trusteer and WorkLight are used by some of the largest companies in the world. Trusteer will provide WorkLight with the following native security capabilities:
- Detection of malware and malicious activity on the device
- Malware mitigation and removal
- Tamper resistant security libraries and tamper attempt alerts
- Protection against SMS-based phishing and out-of-band authentication attacks
- Protection against man-in-the-browser attacks
- Risk assessment of compromised devices accessing corporate network and applications
Visit WorkLight at www.worklight.com
Visit Trusteer at www.trusteer.com