The EagleEye ADSW4000 PeopleCount algorithm for people detection and counting is intended for indoor spaces up to 5m such as meeting rooms or office cubicles. This is the first in a series of application-level software algorithms running on a hardware subsystem based on ADI’s Blackfin embedded digital signal processor (DSP) and a set of application-level software building blocks.
The ADSW4000 algorithm provides system edge node analytics to improve space utilisation and the safety of people through distance and occupancy monitoring as well as boosting the energy efficiency of spaces within intelligent buildings.
- Blackfin DSPs upgraded for industrial imaging
- 3D LiDAR people counting solution has wide coverage area
- Counting people in smart buildings with ToF
- People counter uses AI on ST microcontroller
- People counter maker project helps with social distancing
As well as counting the occupancy, the algorithm provides the location of person in the room and can be used with zones for larger spaces. The processing of any sensitive data is handled locally with only the metadata sent over the UART interface.
The EVAL-ADSW4000KTZ evaluation kit with a cloud-based dashboard is available now at $650.
Other articles on eeNews Europe