The funding was provided by Walden CEL, CCB PE, CCB Trust, Growth, Country Garden Venture, HTPE and GP Capital, together with participation from existing investors Oriza Rivertown, CCIC Capital, Oriza Hua Capital.
SJ Semiconductor was founded in August 2014 and the last round of funding beings SJSemi's total amount raised to $630 million and its valuation to more than $1 billion.
SJSemi specializes in applying bumps to ICs on 300mm-diameter wafers and wafer-level packaging. The company started 28nm and 14nm bumping for smartphone processor chips in 2016 and provides bumping for DRAM and PMICs.
The company went through a restructuring in June 2021.
"The funding will help us to continue our growth plan, not only to expand bumping and WLCSP capacity, but also to increase RD investments to expedite our patented SmartPoser, a multi-die 3D integration platform, for manufacturability, to serve multi-die integration needs from emerging markets like HPC and high-end consumer electronics," said Dong Cui, chairman and CEO of the company, in a statement.
Related links and articles:
- Chiplet market set for extreme growth
- Intel invests $3.5 billion in chiplet packaging
- Chiplet-savvy TSMC to build $10 billion assembly and test plant
- Applied talks technologies, collaborations to aid chiplet assembly
- X-Fab offers chiplet support via X-Celeprint printing process
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Farewell Cree as it transitions to Wolfspeed
- Renesas doubles performance with drop in replacement RX140 microcontrollers
- Foxconn teams for graphene fast charging battery
- Intel launches second generation neuromorphic chip on 4nm
- Rigetti completes UK quantum computer
- Smart city digital twin developer raises €10m