The three parties have formed a consortium in equal terms to develop services based on the new infrastructure. The project will start in October 2020 and the in-orbit demonstration is planned to end in the first quarter 2023.
After demonstrating its VDES capabilities, the first satellite will also deliver AIS data to Orbcomm.
Related satellite articles
- SERVERS IN THE SKY AIM FOR GLOBAL BROADBAND
- PARTNERSHIP TO DEPLOY FIRST 5G NB-IoT
- UK LOOKS TO RESCUE ONEWEB TO BUILD NAVIGATION SYSTEM
- TESTS SHOW SUCCESSFUL 5G NB-IoT LINKS
- UPCONVERTER TESTS 5G PAYLOADS
- TWO TEAM FOR IoT ASSET TRACKING
Other articles on eeNews Europe