The increasing use of Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) solutions in industries such as the automotive, energy, aerospace and research sectors makes it is increasingly important, but also more difficult, to capture data from distributed measurement nodes in a precise, reliable and synchronized manner. Companies must therefore ensure that their systems can keep pace with the growing demands.
With the new TSN-enabled controllers, NI continues to expand its portfolio of TSN-enabled products. With TSN, distributed systems can be deterministically synchronized over a standard Ethernet network without the need for expensive synchronization lines.
Important functions and features of the new CompactRIO controllers:
- TSN-based synchronization below the microsecond range via standard Ethernet for seamlessly synchronized measurement and control systems.
- Faster commissioning than previous CompactRIO controllers thanks to intuitive driver software NI-DAQmx
- Open and secure data processing on IIoT-Edge nodes with NI Linux Real-Time
- Powerful data analysis and control with industry-standard processor and FPGA programmable FPGA with LabVIEW FPGA.
- Reliable operation in harsh environments thanks to operating temperature range from -40 ° to 70 °C, impact resistance up to 50 g and vibration resistance up to 5 g
Since the CompactRIO controllers now also come with the NI-DAQmx software, the proven and ready-to-use functions of the driver allow direct access to I/O. By combining NI-DAQmx with the open operating system NI Linux Real-Time, users can also continue to use the comprehensive ecosystem of IP for Linux, such as Security Enhanced Linux (SE-Linux).
More information: https://ni.com/crio-controllers