Renesas announced a pair of new encapsulated hybrid digital DC/DC PMBus™ power modules, the 10-amp ISL8280M and 15-amp ISL8282M. The hybrid digital power modules offer a power density of 115mA/mm2 in a 12mm x 11mm package, with up to 95 percent peak efficiency. They are complete single-channel, synchronous step-down regulated power supplies that operate over a wide input voltage range of 5V to 16V.
Also announced today are the new ISL8210M and ISL8212M analog power modules, offered in the same pin-to-pin compatible 12mm x 11mm package with 10A and 15A of output current, respectively. The hybrid digital and analog power modules provide point-of-load (POL) conversion for advanced FPGAs, DSPs, ASICs and memory used in servers, storage, optical networking, telecom, and a broad range of space-constrained industrial applications. Each device integrates a PWM controller, MOSFETs, and inductor inside a new thermally optimised, Grid High Density Array (GHDA) encapsulated module. To complete the power supply, designers simply add input and output ceramic capacitors.
Key Features of ISL828xM Hybrid Digital and ISL821xM Analog Power Modules:
- 4.5V to 16.5V single rail input voltage, and 0.5V to 5V output voltage settings
- ± 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature with remote sense
- 256 output voltage options configurable through a simple pin-strap resistor setting
- Hybrid digital modules are SMBus/I2C/ PMBus v1.3 compatible up to 1.25MHz
- Seven switching frequency options from 300kHz to 1MHz
- Selectable PFM/light load efficiency mode
- Comprehensive fault protection with voltage, temperature and current protections
Find more information at www.renesas.com
Related Renesas news: https://www.eenewsembedded.com/search/node/renesas