The joint venture by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group in China and Futaihua Industry Shenzhen in Taiwan covered Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) production or outsourcing consulting services of customized electronics for domestic and foreign passenger cars manufacturers in China. Futaihua is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hon Hai Precision Industry, trading as the Foxconn Technology Group of Taiwan.
Futaihua provides third-party electronic manufacturing services for computers, mobile phones, video game consoles and televisions.
- What really drives the Foxconn Stellantis joint venture
- Foxconn enters SiC power chip business
- Fisker signs Foxconn to make its second electric car
- Foxconn brings contract manufacturing to electric vehicles
- Foxconn, Yageo form semiconductor joint venture XSemi
The move is a key part of Foxconn’s move into the car industry and the company has deals with Fisker and the Stellantis group that owns the Fiat and Chrysler brands as well as a joint venture with component supplier Yageo. It is also buying a fab to produce SiC silicon carbide transistors for its car electric business.
Geely also owns the Polestar electric car brand jointly with Volvo as well as Lotus and Proton. It has also launched its own satellites to provide global communications links to its vehicles, making the joint venture a key capability.
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Driverless minibus service rolls out in Hamburg traffic
- Roll-to-roll printing for flexible silicon electronics
- Porotech in key porous GaN microLED partnership
- The greening of Onsemi
- Forefront raises £1.5m for 5G filter chip
- Kigen, AT&T team on cellular IoT SIM tech
- Silicon validation group for time sensitive networking