The EPSRC UK-RAS Network is seeking to fund a number of key Strategic Task Groups through which a variety of activities can be organised. These issue-based interest groups will be initiated by members of the EPSRC UK-RAS Network. In collaboration with the Executive Committee, the task groups will organise and coordinate continuous activities focused on research interests.
The aims of Strategic Task Groups could include:
- identifying research gaps and challenges
- devising roadmaps or strategic solutions via the production of white papers, organisation of robotics challenges, workshops, symposia and conferences
- creating public engagement activities, such as exhibitions, hackathons, festivals, conferences and demonstrations
- promoting academia-industry liaison
- developing scoping projects to explore wider research collaboration opportunities
Activities can span the full spectrum – from basic research to technological development and concrete innovation, developing paths of knowledge transfer, as well as identifying actual and potential academia-industry cooperation. Strategic Task Groups will be instrumental to providing future strategic direction to the UK, the EPSRC UK-RAS Network, and its relationship with other relevant organisations.
Through these types of activities, the formation of the Strategic Task Groups will aim to help members and non-members of the network become involved with cross–institutional and cross-disciplinary activities, research projects and events; promote ground-up engagement; drive strategic decisions, and influence policy and funding decisions, as well as promote RAS research within the UK.