Acceed in Germany has launched a mobile PXIe chassis with four PXI express hybrid slots and a Thunderbolt 3 high speed interface to a PC.
The PXES-2314T chassis can be used for the full PXI measurement module spectrum, with three of the four slots supporting the latest third generation PCI Express Gen3 measurement modules and all the slots are downward compatible with PXI and Compact PCI, enabling the further use of older measurement modules.
PXI and PXIe provides standardised, proven, reliable and flexibly configuration of cards for a wide range of tasks due to the fast exchange of plug-in cards, not only in the laboratory but also for industrial use.
Autonomous systems in their own chassis provide the advantage of comfortable handling. This makes them considerably faster and better for mobile use than fixed installed PXIe cards in desktop computers, and the Thunderbolt cable with a USB-C plug enables full test and measurement setup for mobile use.
Thunderbolt 3 has a data rate with the implementation of PCI Express 3.0 to up to 40Gbit/s. The Thunderbolt connection bundles all the image, sound, energy and data transmission channels and also enables large reaches via the active interfaces with optical transfer. Both the plug-in card connections and the chassis interfaces are accessible from the front and two type 3 Thunderbolt connections are used for connection to the host computer and further Thunderbolt 3 devices.
The chassis measures 208 x 149 x 221 mm and both screwed-on handles can be moved to the rear to save space. The ample ventilation grille and large ventilator opposite it achieve high cooling performance. The temperature, fan and voltage are monitored: three LEDs display the status. A programmable trigger connection enables synchronisation of the measurement modules.
Thunderbolt cables of various lengths are available directly from Acceed as individual accessories or in a kit with a chassis and power supply.
- Two card PXI Express chassis gives maximum flexibility
- Adaptor for FPGA PXI Express card
- General purpose PXI matrix reaches 70MH
- PXI matrix switch module offers up to 9216 crosspoints
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- European alliances for 2nm processors and edge computing
- Record 319Tbit/s over standard fibre optic cable
- Ownership worries stoke cold war with China
- First complementary vertical organic transistors reach GHz speeds
- CEO Interview: Isotropic Systems readies for launch
- Bosch builds digital twin for more accurate maps