VTT Research in Finland and AMO in Germany will focus on graphene while imec will focus on transistor applications using graphene with transition metal dichalcogenides (TDMC) as 2D semiconductors.
“We have MPW in pillar one of the project starting in 2022,” said Sanna Arpiainen, research team leader at VTT Research in Finland. “The MPW by VTT, imec and AMO will have cost based pricing and a single point of contact and the goal is to transfer this to Europractice after 2024,” she said.
The first MPW run will be for bottom gated graphene sensors by October 2022 at AMO, with a bottom and liquid gated sensor MPW run by March 2023 at VTT. “Then there will be other runs every six months for electronics and sensors at AMO,” said Arpiainen. There will also be small production runs for partners in the project.
This will culminate in a run at imec for TMDC transistors ready by September 2024.
Related graphene articles
- GOLD-COVERED DEVICES FOR 6G TERAHERTZ RADIO
- ELECTRIC AIRCRAFT USE 2D HALL EFFECT SENSORS
- 2D MEMRISTORS FOR NEUROMORPHIC CHIPS
- 3D PRINTING 2D ELECTRONIC DEVICES
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- European project for commercial silicon quantum processor
- Electronics eats the car industry
- Profits plummet at NXP
- Europe's semiconductor challenge
- Bosch looks to AIoT as revenue falls