Bulgin has expanded its Buccaneer range of robust connectors with USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 2x2 options.
The 4000 Series connectors have a USB-C 2x12 contact arrangement, supporting 20Gbps data rates with a 1m cables and 10Gbps with a 2m cable. The connectors are backwards compatible with legacy USB 2.0 implementations with lower speed data transfer and have have a 100W power rating, in line with the latest USB power delivery standard.
The Bulgin 4000 Series USB Type-C connectors offer over 1000 mating cycle endurance with a field-proven bayonet locking system. The shell has a stainless steel construction with nickel plating and the contacts are made from copper alloy with a gold finish with a maximum contact resistance of 40mΩ.
The operational temperature range spans from -40°C to +80°C - allowing them to cope with harsh application environments. IP66, IP68 and IP69K protection means that they are resilient to liquid and dust ingress, with compliance to EN60068-2-52 salt mist exposure making them suitable for marine deployment. The over-moulded design allows these connectors to be employed in situations where space is limited and the braided cables are protected by a strong PVC jacket.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Bulgin has manufacturing in the UK and Tunisia.
- 10Gb/s USB Type-C connector
- Configuration tool for custom connectors and cabling
- Connector series designed as automation interconnects
- Rugged fibre optic duplex LC connector is IP69K rated
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Opinion: Politicising semiconductor manufacturing is a global failure
- European supercomputer project receives RISC-V test chips
- First industrial programmable I/O module with Raspberry Pi micro
- Intel backs RISC-V for Nios FPGA processor
- EU-US tech council to head off trade war
- Farewell Cree as it transitions to Wolfspeed