While new chip designs were springing up all over the market, well established technologies were also pushing forwards. Nvidia’s Jetson card was pushing into more embedded applications, while software from Mipsology converted frameworks for inference on FPGAs
Ethics is also emerging as a key factor.
Despite the scepticism earlier in the year, neuromorphic chips also saw plenty of innovation and development.
- DISTRIBUTED AI HELPS ROBOTS RECOGNISE PAIN AND SELF-REPAIR
- 'AT-MEMORY' INFERENCE ENGINE RAISES NN PERFORMANCE
- MEMRISTORS COMBINE FERROELECTRICS AND GRAPHENE FOR NEUROMORPHIC CHIPS
- STARTUP RAISES €5m FOR NEUROMORPHIC EDGE CHIP
- GRAI MATTER RAISES $14m FOR SOC ROLL OUT
By December, the RISC-V momentum in edge AI was continuing, with new implementations.
- THREE RISC‑V CORES ADD MULTI-CORE AND SIMD FOR EDGE CHIP DESIGNS
- SWISS SPIN-OFF TO DEVELOP RISC-V CHIP
- ETA COMPUTE PIVOTS WITH SYNAPTICS BACKING
Top articles on eeNews Europe in 2020