US connector distributor Powell Electronics has signed new European franchise agreements and moved into a new headquarters building in Dublin as part of its expansion in the region.
The New Jersey-based company supplies connectors and cable assemblies for high-reliability applications including defence, aerospace and industrial. The new franchises include Glenair, Harwin, Amphenol Aerospace, Quell, AB Connectors, Lemo and Conesys and range from miniature PCB-mount devices to high voltage, high current hi-rel systems.
The company had previously focused purely on the agricultural market from small facility in Utrecht, Netherlands, and the new headquarters in Dublin allows for a large connector inventory and to develop significant value-added assembly services.
This follows the mid-2019 appointment of Gary Evans who previously occupied senior management positions at Harwin, Deutsch and ITT to redefine the Powell’s European business.
Evans is also building a strong, experienced team to support European customers.
“Powell Electronics is an authorized, QPL’ed distributor for over 50 military specifications with ISO9120 certification. We are building a base here in Ireland which will eventually match our USA capabilities, but with a focused service for European customers,” said Evans.
- £3.8m FOR HI REL FACTORY INDUSTRY 4.0 EXPANSION
- SWISS INTERCONNECT SPECIALIST JOINS 450MHZ ALLIANCE
- WATERPROOF TYPE-C REDUCES FOOTPRINT BY 22 PERCENT
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- SMART enters LED business with $300m Cree buy
- Nokia to build 4G network for the Moon
- UK basestation-in-the-sky startup emerges from stealth
- Samsung files patent for ultra-high res VR display
- Five-minute breath test for Covid-19