Segger updates emCompress software
Segger has updated its all-in-one real time compression software with all industry standard compression algorithms for embedded designs.
emCompress-PRO includes well-defined, highly efficient compression algorithms such as DEFLATE, LZMA and LZJU90, providing full interoperability with third-party and open-source tools and libraries. The software also comes with example code demonstrating how to access standard archive formats such as Zip.
- Rolf Segger on the chip shortage
- Space-saving algorithm brings compression to embedded
- eSOL licences emCompress for automotive
The software is suitable for use in any embedded firmware as well as host applications and is available as source code. Compression has a huge range of uses, such as in the transmission and storage of data or communication across low-bandwidth links.
“emCompress-PRO is the ultimate compression package,” said Ivo Geilenbruegge, Managing Director at SEGGER. “It offers all the compression and decompression capabilities you’ll ever need for any kind of system. One package fits all.”
The emCompress-PRO software also comes with licenses for the more specialized members of the Segger compression family: emCompress-ToGo with SMASH-2, designed to run on the smallest of microcontrollers, emCompress-Flex with LZMA for applications requiring high compression, and emCompress-Embed with multiple compression algorithms, optimized for compressing embedded data such as FPGA images.
To evaluate emCompress-PRO, a trial package is available for download. It includes tools to test and compare compression and decompression of the included algorithms.
- Segger, HPMicro team on free RISC-V tools
- Segger adds 64bit RISC-V support
- Cutting code size with SEGGER Embedded Studio V5
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- $400mm RISC-V design centre for Barcelona
- Astrocast buys Hiber to boost IoT business
- Bosch launches €250m startup fund
- AI drives big data analytics for chip design