FMC is planning to go to market with a tiered intellectual property approach. This will include process IP, device IP and design IP.
The road-map has first availability of FeFET memories on 28nm planar CMOS for consumer applications in 2023 followed by IoT and industrial applications and then by automotive applications.
Pourkeramati said it he was pleased with the strategic nature of the investors who had a clear interest in the potential impact of FeFET technology. MVentures is the venture capital arm of Merck, a performance materials company. SK Hynix is leading supplier of memory components and TEL Ventures is the venture capital arm of Tokyo Electron Ltd., one of the largest suppliers of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- IEDM ferroelectric FET, hafnium oxide round up
- IMEC, ferroelectrics prominent in virtual IEDM program
- ARM forms spin-off to pursue CeRAM memory
- Sony, Kioxia pursue ferroelectric non-volatile memory
- Ferroelectric Memory Co. puts Spansion veteran in charge
Other articles on eeNews Europe