Macronix is to use quantum security technology from Crypto Quantique in London for its ArmorFlash non-volatile memory (NVM).
The QuarkLink IoT security management platform will enable Macronix to offer end-to-end security for provisioning, onboarding, and lifetime management of IoT devices that use its secure memory.
Macronix uses a Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) to create unique, immutable and unclonable identities for its ArmorFlash system as the root-of-trust in the non-volatile memory.
Using Crypto Quantique’s QuarkLink, the complexities of cryptography that underpin secure IoT communications are fully automated. A simple, intuitive user interface enables secure onboarding of thousands of IoT devices to their chosen cloud service provider within minutes. No cryptographic expertise is needed to understand the complexities of credential management when connecting to a cloud-based server. Also, there is no need to develop the complex embedded software that would be needed to manage cryptographic keys and certificates, which could take months of engineering resources.
- CEO interview: Quantum security for the real world
- Crypto Quantique raises $8M to address IoT security
- Renesas adds quantum security to IoT microcontrollers
- Quantum security IP certified to PSA level 2
The QuarkLink platform securely connects the ArmorFlash root-of-trust to applications and services running on in-house or cloud-based servers. The platform facilitates device provisioning, onboarding, and lifetime management, including firmware updates, certificate renewal and device revocation.
“With IoT security becoming a major concern for many of our customers, we wanted to offer designers a complete solution, from chip to cloud,” said F.L. Ni, Vice President of Marketing at Macronix. “Partnering with Crypto Quantique enables us to do just that, saving our customers time and expense when they want to create secure IoT networks quickly and at scale using our ArmorFlash memories.”
“Macronix was one of the first memory companies to address security within their devices and has created a robust secure element in ArmorFlash. It perfectly complements QuarkLink’s capabilities and supports our vision of democratising IoT security at scale by making it far easier to implement,” said Shahram Mossayebi, CEO of Crypto Quantique.
- How ChipDNA PUF technology boosts a secure IC's security
- SRAM PUF-based key provisioning system to secure IoT
- Software random number generator targets IoT
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Vodafone looks for 7,000 software engineers across Europe
- Photonic chips for QKD quantum security system
- Raspberry Pi apologises for first ever price increase and allocation
- ARM launches virtual modelling toolchain to boost AIoT development
- Europe invests €227m directly in tech startups
- 14,336 ARM cores in chiplet-based waferscale AI engine