TDK has developed a low profile inductor with low magnetic leakage for NFC near field communication designs.
The MLJ-H1005 inductor is aimed at smartphones, smartwatches, wearables, and other peripheral devices that are increasingly addig NFC functions for cashless payments.
The inductors are intended for use in the LC filters of NFC circuits. It is necessary for inductors to have narrow tolerances to minimize the loss caused by mismatched impedance with the antenna. TDK offers this line of inductors featuring a tolerance of ±5% to meet this need. In addition, it is important to control inductor loss at the 13.56 MHz communication frequency to prevent the reduction of antenna output power. The AC resistance (Rac) must be kept low and maintained even as current is applied.
The MLJ-H series uses a low loss material for a lower Rac at 13.56MHz during high-current applications than the existing MLJ-W series (see chart below).
|MLJ1005HXG82NJ||82 ± 5%||14||0.51||0.390||850|
|MLJ1005HXG91NJ||91 ± 5%||14||0.59||0.351||900|
|MLJ1005HXGR16J||160 ± 5%||14||0.88||0.754||600|
|MLJ1005HXGR18J||180 ± 5%||14||1.08||0.780||500|
|MLJ1005HXGR20J||200 ± 5%||14||1.13||0.845||480|
- BOXING CLEVER – THE SMART PACKAGING SERVICE FOR THE INTERNET OF THINGS
- DYNAMIC MESSAGE CONTENT AND ANTI-TAMPER IN NEW TAGS
- RFID CHIP MAKES ANALOGUE WATCHES SMART
- BATTERY-FREE RFID TAG HAS E INK DISPLAY
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- US and EU on collision course over semiconductor industry
- ST builds digital twin of Crolles fab
- Renesas seals $6bn Dialog deal
- Nexperia to boost European chip capacity
- European chip shortage looms for 2021