Pixus Technologies has launched a 10U RiCool chassis that supports single, dual, or N+1 redundant power suppliers that plug in from the rear of the enclosure.
The 10U RiCool chassis features a 6U OpenVPX or SOSA aligned backplane in up to 16 slots at 1.0in (25.4mm) pitch and speeds to 100GbE. The enclosure is extra deep to allow rear pluggable power supplies.
This additional space also allows RF devices or other modules to fit within the rear of the chassis. The enclosure also supports a pluggable SOSA aligned chassis manager or a rear mezzanine approach that fits behind the backplane without taking up any slot space.
- Mezzanine SOSA VPX chassis manager releases a slot
- Development chassis platforms in OpenVPX format
- 3U OpenVPX Cube development enclosure
Each of the two reverse impeller blowers support 191 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of airflow for a powerful cooling solution in a front-to-rear airflow configuration. The highly efficient and hot-swappable fans typically run under 59 db. Various I/O and power options are available, along with optical or RF interfaces through the backplane.
Pixus offers OpenVPX and SOSA aligned chassis in commercial grade and MIL rugged formats. The company also has options for other VITA and PICMG based standards such as VME, CompactPCI Serial, SpaceVPX, xTCA, and more.
Related SOSA articles
- ITAR-free integrated vision system for SOSA designs
- Cybersecurity-enabled VPX board for SOSA
- First SOSA safety certifiable mission computer
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Tight supply drives up power device sales
- Amber Semi plans AC direct drive chip for microcontrollers
- Pulsiv signs major Chinese power supply maker
- SweGaN raises €12m for GaN-on-SiC wafers